January 2020. I had achieved a great goal. After passing the exam and getting certified, I became one of only 18 German Wine Professionals in the entire German-speaking region. My order situation for the year ahead looked very good for me and my wine event and wine trade agency VinoPlan®.
Then, in March 2020, the first lockdown as a result of the Corona pandemic abruptly halted business development. The approaching summer could not heal what was missing in the spring. Two golden autumn months provided a little relief until the second and long lockdown brought business to a complete halt. I searched for economic bridges with different online events. In July 2021, things were finally to get going again in earnest. Well-filled calendars meant that good sales could be expected in the fall.
Zack! That’s when the flood disaster hit! From Wednesday, July 14 to Thursday, July 15, 2021, the flood sludge destroyed all my business premises and storage.
The economic reserves are now finally and completely depleted. There is no inventory left and also any event and hiking equipment is missing. The existing insurance does not cover elementary damages. Therefore I ask you for your monetary donations for my reconstruction and the restart of my event agency VinoPlan®. There are three ways to do this:
- My call for donations on GoFundMe
- Directly to my bank account at Triodos Bank N.V., Frankfurt/Main
- Deposit to my PayPal account: email@example.com
For each donation I will issue proper donation receipts in the next months, which will probably also be tax deductible.
I expect to offer these services again from mid-October 2021:
- Online wine tastings, bookable via my shop.
- Presence wine tastings in the premium segment in your region. (If it is possible due to Corona, I will come to you and conduct the wine tastings there).
- Guided Premium Wine Walks with wine themes of your choice in the Middle Rhine and the Middle and Lower Mosel.
- Individual arrangements for other wine events.
I would like to thank everyone who has helped me in any way so far and who would like to help now. Many, many heartfelt thanks.